The Busselton Senior High School Dress Code Policy meets the requirements of recommended policy of the WA Department of Education and State Government legislation. Any future alteration or modification of the Dress Code will require community consultation.
The School Dress Code
- Sets a clear, acceptable and consistent standard of dress for all students and parents
- Fosters and enhances the public image of the school
- Assists in building school and team spirit
- Ensures students are safely dressed for specific school activities
- Encourages equity among students
- Prepares students for work, as many work places have dress and safety codes
- Allows for easy identification of intruders into the school during the school day
Modifications to Dress Code
- Students who, for religious or health reasons, may need to modify the school dress code are required to make an appointment with the Principal or a designated staff member. Staff will be informed of any student granted a modification to the dress code
- Garments bearing brand names, logos and stripes (e.g. Adidas, Nike) are NOT allowed
- Board shorts, thongs etc. are NOT allowed
Sanctions for Non-Compliance
- First Offence
Students not complying with the dress code will be reminded of the need for the dress code and their responsibility by their Form/Subject teachers and/or Student Services staff.
- Second Offence
Recess detention and a call home.
- Repeat Offence
Letter home and parent interview.
- Students may be required to change into appropriate clothing provided by the School
PANTS / SHORTS / SKIRTS
HATS / BEANIES
School polo only (not sports shirt)
Navy blue and acceptable lengths
Navy blue and school issue
Enclosed / Sandal with strap /
Appropriate for learning area
Polo shirts with non school logos. T-shirts. Tank tops. Long sleeved non school colour tops
Denim or look-a-like denim / jeggings. Stripes on shorts / pants. Board shorts. Black leggings and tights leggings. Tights are not to be worn on their own.
Non school colours or checked jackets. Different logos. Stripes. Adornments/brand names (e.g. Nike, Ripcurl etc.)
Thongs. Ugg boots. Slippers.
Approved uniform items are available from the Uniform Shop located in the administrative building.